This recipe comes from Dr. Mark Hyman’s 10-Day Detox Diet. It gives you a healthy dose of protein and beautiful detoxing herbs. Rosemary, aka the “Queen of Antioxidants”, is known for its benefits to the heart, brain, memory, digestion, liver and even your mood. And garlic is one powerful little bulb known for its medicinal benefits. This was the star performer at one of my Gardenside events. A group effort to create and finish the very last piece!
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Heads garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup crushed macadamia or cashews
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Cut across the garlic tops to expose the garlic cloves.
- Place the garlic heads on a sheet of tin foil and drizzle them lightly with olive oil.
- Close up the foil around the garlic and roast for about 30 minutes until the cloves are soft.
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag and pound with a meat cleaver to flatten to about ½ inch. (Note: I cut the breast in half across the length to make the size a little more manageable.)
- Mix the herbs, salt, pepper, and nuts and place on a flat plate.
- Brush one side of the breast with a thin layer of Dijon and coat with the herb mix. Push it down to compress it against the breast.
- Heat 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan
- Sauté the nut-coated side on medium-high heat, being careful not to burn the coating, until lightly browned. Flip and continue to cook until done. Total time will be around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slice the breasts on an angle, squeeze some roasted garlic on top and serve with your favorite salad as a base or wilted leafy greens. ♥