I’m taking a little of my own medicine here with a green I’ve never tried before. Greens are number one in just about every nutritional category: detoxing, cleansing, cancer fighting, delivery of protective nutrients… But collards? I always equated them with ham hocks (which I’m not sure I’ll ever try) and long slow southern cooking – something I have very little time for.
This recipe is a little different. I experimented by trying a slaw, a fast and easy way to prep greens and have them tasting quite exotic. You can do this with virtually any bitter green. Just top with a little squeeze of lemon, my favorite mustard dressing and you’re good to go.
- Collard Greens – chopped into a fine slaw
- 1 TB champagne vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 2 TB Expeller Pressed Grapeseed oil
- 2 TB EVOO (you may substitute 2 TB of olive oil for the grapeseed oil)
- Himalayan or Maldon Salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
- Chop the Collards into a fine slaw.
- Mix the vinegar, mustard and oils together and whisk.
- Lightly coat the greens with the dressing and a squeeze of lemon.
Enjoy and be sure to let me know how you do!
Always love hearing from you!
Leave A Comment