Join us for a virtual fast – July 20 – 24
Fast to Protect Your Brain & Prevent Cognitive Decline
“If you don’t eat for 10–16 hours, your body will go to its fat stores for energy, and fatty acids called ketones will be released into the bloodstream. This has been shown to protect memory and learning functionality as well as slow disease processes in the brain.” Mark Mattson, senior investigator for the National Institute on Aging
I’ve been on the fasting kick lately – in case you missed my last posts.
But there’s good reason for my continuing enthusiasm. The health and longevity benefits derived from fasting are impossible to ignore. I have been through four 5-day fasts since October of last year and my body has changed – noticeably.
Fat stores that I thought were a permanent part of my anatomy have diminished. I’m leaner with no creeping up on the scale. My energy is high. Joints are happier and less creaky. Bumpy skin is now smooth, and my mind is clearer and more focused.
A clearer mind?
Fasting, as it happens, can strengthen and protect your brain from decline by reducing inflammation, promoting neuroplasticity, and cleaning out cellular debris.
How to Give Yourself a Bad Brain
There are many ways to give yourself a bad brain… Too much sugar, non-stop stress, not enough movement and exercise, too many late nights, not enough sleep, an overabundance of toxins in your food and environment, not enough water, too much TV, not enough sun, low levels of vitamin D, hanging out with unpleasant people… I could go on but I think you get the picture.
All of these things can harm your brain. The good news is that it takes years, says Dr. Dale Bredesen in his book, The End of Alzheimer’s, for these assaults to develop into full-blown disease. The road to Alzheimer’s or any other neurodegenerative disease starts about 30 years before any symptoms show up.
Let’s get started early to keep that brain of yours in strong working condition regardless of your age!
Fasting for a Bulletproof Brain
Fasting is one ritual that can help to bolster your brain health for many reasons.
1. It Reduces Inflammation – a slow quiet burning up inside that is believed to be the root cause of virtually every chronic disease. In the brain, Inflammation ignites a “Neuron-Killing Forest Fire” leading to Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and all forms of neurodegenerative ailments.
2. It Generates Ketones – When we fast long enough (a minimum of 12 hours) the body shifts from burning glucose (the food we eat) to burning ketones (the food we store as fat). “Mild ketosis”, says Dr. Bredesen is optimal for cognitive function since it increases the production of something called BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor). BDNF encourages neuroplasticity and the brain’s ability to create new neural connections. A good thing for all of us!
3. It Stimulates Autophagy – A natural process of cellular purification and cleansing that appears to improve neuroplasticity and is recognized as a defense mechanism against neurodegenerative disease.
Join us for our July Fast!
For all these reasons and more, fasting has become part of my playbook and I invite you to make it part of yours.
I’m working for a better brain… How about you?
Join us July 20-24 for a 5-day fast with the Prolon Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD) – a plan developed by one of the top minds in longevity, Dr. Valter Longo, named by Time magazine as “One of the 50 Most Influential People in Health Care” in 2018. The Prolon FMD was developed by Dr. Longo and his team at the USC Longevity Institute to shift the body into a fasting state with just enough food to support your mind and body.
With the Prolon FMD, you’ll get…
- 5 days of a scientifically calibrated food plan, providing just enough high-quality, plant-based food to nourish you while putting your body in a fasting state.
- My coaching throughout to support and help you through the program.
- A special price on the Prolon Package – regularly $250, for this program $225 .
Who should participate?
The Prolon FMD is appropriate for all generally healthy people 18 years or older.
Do not consume ProLon without the supervision of a licensed health care provider if you have any diagnosed chronic medical condition or you are taking medications (except low-dose aspirin, Aspirin 81, or statins). This includes diabetes (type 1 or type 2), cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, liver disease, or a history of syncope (fainting).
If you have questions about your ability to participate in this program, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will connect you with a Prolon health care provider for a free consultation.
Join us! Heal your brain. Heal your body.
Click Here to Purchase
With Love, ♥
Want to get in touch, email me at email@example.com.