This is a perfect way to to get some high quality brain food (omega 3’s), protein, and lots of veggies in a simple dish either for lunch or for a summer evening light dinner. I use Wild Planet, sustainably-caught salmon and mix it with veggies and a chopped dill pickle to curb my salt cravings. You can mix almost any crunchy vegetables in to vary this. Use your imagination: jicama, peppers, Easy to make and great for leftovers.
- 2 cans wild salmon (I use this one. Use this link and get 15% off your first order) –
- 1/4 cup avocado or regular mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 miniature cucumber chopped fine
- 1/2 sweet onion finely diced
- 1 rib organic celery finely diced
- 1 large dill pickle finely diced
- 4-5 leaves of fresh basil (stack and roll basil into a tight cigar-like cylinder and sliced across into thin strips.)
- pumpkin seeds for garnish
- 2 tsp Sirachi hot sauce (optional)
- Chop all vegetables very fine
- drain salmon, break apart with fork, and mix in mayo, yogurt and all other ingredients.
- Serve on a bed of romaine or any preferred greens.
- Top with an extra squeeze of lemon juice!